Last Updated on
India Post Recruitment 2019 – India Post also known as Department of Posts (DoP), a subsidiary of the Ministry of Communications is a government operated postal system in India. Popularly called as the post office in India, it is the most widely distributed postal system. It was founded in the year 1854 by Lord Dalhousie. Its operation involves delivering mail (post), accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, remitting money by money orders and many more. Bhartiya Dak Vibhag invites online applications for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) in various states. Interested candidates can go through the eligibility criteria, age limit, exam fee, selection process, pay scale, etc and apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak posts before the last date. For more details related to the India Post job vacancies, candidates can visit the official website and download the job advertisement from the important links mentioned below.
Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) – 10066
- Assam- 919 Post
- Bihar- 1063 Posts
- Gujarat- 2510 Posts
- Karnataka- 2637 Posts
- Kerala- 2086 Posts
- Punjab- 851 Posts
The Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment is open to all candidates with passing marks in Mathematics and English (compulsory or elective subjects) in 10th from any recognised Board of School Education.
The candidate as per the states should also have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard (as compulsory or elective subject). For detailed information check the official website
- The candidate should be between the age of 18 and 40 years.
- Age relaxation as per the rules
How to apply for Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019
- Visit official website appost.in/gdsonline and open the application process
- Start registration and fill the complete application for the post of GDS 2019
- Upload all the necessary documents and transcripts
- Pay the fees online and submit the application
- Take a preview and print out for future reference
- GEN/OBC – Rs.100
- SC/ST/PH/Women – NIL
- Start date of application – 5 August, 2019
- End of Registration and Fee Payment – 16 September, 2019
- Last date of application – 22 September, 2019